Sunday 27 January 2013

My vintage way of doing things

Good afternoon all, at last the snow has melted in my little part of the world.  

We decided to make the most of the lovely, welcoming sunshine, so after going for a lovely breakfast at Hawarden farm shop, we decided to make a visit to Lady Heyes in Frodsham.  If you are looking for a day to have a really good mooch around, then this is the place for it.

It comprises of at least ten units, which house possibly everything you can think of, from 50's retro (a great little coffee table from that era that I have my eye on) to beautiful Victorian lace and everything in between.

I am so inspired with the upcycle trend and as part of it, I started collecting old wooden cotton reels last year and thanks to my daughter for my gorgeous Christmas present, my collection has truly grown.  But they are too beautiful to hide away so I have posted a few picks on my idea of displaying them.  I hope you like them.

I am at present working on some crochet flowers, which I will post very soon. They are soooo cute and I can't wait to share them.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  Love Jane xx








5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how you are displaying the reels. Once such a commonplace thing in all homes when I was a girl, and strangely how I miss them - those plastic ones are awful!
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, How lovely of you to stop by. I'm so pleased you liked my collection. I know what you mean about things around the house as a little girl. There are so many things I wish I'd kept of my mums. Oh well at least it's good fun searching.

      Have a great week. Love Jane xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jane, I just love the way you've displayed them! My Great Aunt Anna (on whom I'm getting ready to write a post)sewed for people, and there were always SO many wooden "spools", (we call them...) at her house ~ I used to string them, decorate them, make kitty-toys, etc. etc.! Wish they still used wood!
    Lovely post!
    Have a wonderful Thursday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, Thank you so much, I can't wait to hear about Great Aunt Anna. I so wish I'd listened more to my mum's stories from her times. So glad you liked my post. Have a lovely day love Jane xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jane
    Thank you for your sweet comments. I've still got the Valentine's tree up as it makes me smile :o) Will probably change it over to Easter eggs and chicks next month :o)
    Have fun!
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete