Wednesday 9 May 2012

Welcome to the world darling baby swans

My eldest daughter lives in the beautiful walled city of Chester and her house is very close to the canal, where the little colourful barges rest from their daily travels.

To our delight a pair of elegant swans built their nest very close to the tow path. We have watched, with baited breath, for the hatching process to begin. We waited and waited and in a moment of despair even worried if maybe, dare I say, there were no eggs at all.

But finally yesterday I received an ongoing report from Sofi that she had hatched a perfect little grey ball of fluff. The next was starting to hatch yesterday and baby number one was snuggled so cosily under mummy's wing.

From my pictures you can see the baby's first swim, his first walk with proud, protective daddy and the look of such love and pride from mum.

They have attracted so much attention and everyone watched eagerly as the story unfolded.

This little tale has certainly warmed my heart and I hope it has given you a cosy feeling too.

4 comments:

  1. Too, too cute!! Looking forward to further updates.
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I haven't seen a baby swan in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerrie

      I will try and get more pictures from the "maternit" site and post them as and when. Dad has been very protective, even chasing a man on his bike yesterday. Xx

      Delete