Tuesday 5 June 2012

Have you ever been to Gawsworth Hall in Cheshire?

Well I hope that everyone is enjoying this extra long break, oh my gosh it's been just wonderful. As it was promising to be a rather lovely day, my hub volunteered to take me to the craft and food fair at the magnificent Gawsworth Hall in Macclesfield. On the way we saw the sign to Alderley Edge, I wanted to see how the other half (mainly footballers) lived. Hub blazaily informed me that he had been there on business many times, been there got the t shirt so to speak and my (very large) hint fell on stony ground. Ah well much better pickings at the promised food and craft fair.

Well the food fair lived up to its name by offering wonderful home made cakes, which two of, I puchased. I would have shown you picks of them, but unfortunately they are no more having been eaten by me.....yum!

But I have to ask how can crystals and some smokey amber coloured rocks, which boldly advised that they were from some far off country, be craft? Likewise silver jewellery, the likes of which I have bought from various different garden centres whilst on my travels.

There were some genuine and beautiful hand mind items, however the majority of which, were very expensive. It was the ladies who had crafted their own items, which had been very sensibly priced, who did the best. One offs, lovingly made.

Well moan, or my point of view, whichever you see it as is over.

I purchased a book from Amazon on Saturday called, How to Knit 20 Bears. It is a great little book, and I made the bikini bear and added my own touch. I hope you like her, my husband said she looked like a bloke in drag, but once I gave her pink painted toe nails, a jewelled belly bar and hairband, she definately came into her own.

I have decided to make some new cushion covers today for my lovely new kitchen diner, pictures of which, I will post as soon as. I don't have any updates on the baby swans at the moment. Last I heard was that mum and dad were safely bobbing around on the canal with their beautiful babies snuggled in together on mum's back....how lovely.

Enjoy the rest of your Jubilee weekend, which I don't know about you, has made me proud to be British!

No comments:

Post a Comment