Saturday 16 June 2012

Crochet, crochet, crochet

Oh my gosh, I recently learned to crochet by having lessons from the wonderful Helen at Knit in Shotton. I then bought the book Cute and Easy crochet by Nicki Trench, which I blogged about early this year. My good friend Dan over at frogs,dogs and ferns put me onto this book. I have made my daughter, Charlotte a beautiful soft cotton scarf in my favourite blue colour and I'm going to crochet some tiny flowers on it to finish off. I have now started the gorgeous filigree wrap from Nicki's book. I'm making it from some lovely pale pink variegated wool, which has a lovely twinkle to it. What bliss on these horrible rainy nights, to settle down with my crochet.

I have also been making some pretty cushions for my 99 percent completed kichen diner. They are of course inspired by the wonderful Cath Kidston. I treated myself to a meter of one of her new fabrics and I also bought some fab Amy Butler fabric, which was half price in Hobbycraft. Hope you like them with one being appliqued with my favourite Stanley dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment