Saturday 23 June 2012

I had forgotten how lovely .......

Hi everyone, What a mish mash of weather today. My husband had to go to an appointment in Chester this morning. I dropped him off and decided to have a little trip down to the river. I went walking first, it was very, very windy. I watched the rowing teams battling against the wind, then turning round to make use of the gusts to help them back to the little rickety sheds at the sides of the river, where the boats are stored.

The ducks were lined up either sleeping or bobbing on the water, their little comical quacks, so endearing. I decided to stop off at one of the cafes on the front and had a lovely, frothy latte. I felt like Shirley Valentine sitting at the table on my own. OK OK I know it wasn't a gorgeous Greek island, but you get my drift. At a table close to me a group of young guys were enjoying a pint of Guinness at 10.30 am .......yes am. Oh well each to their own. Whilst sitting there I was astounded at the amount of tourists, who were pouring off the open top buses, which travel through the old walled city, prevailing the sites of Chester. It made me realise how very much we take our everyday surroundings for granted. I can't recall the last time we did that. It felt very civilised.

Hub came back and we had another coffee and then tucked into a yummy bacon, egg and sausage bap. Yum! we promised ourselves that we would come back very soon, well best not hold my breath.

I am busy crocheting a flower cushion, the pattern I found on the very talented Lucy's blog Attic 24. I will post pics when it is done. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Love Jane xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment